Friday 14 February 2014

Sampling Week 7

Not only have i been using the Cornelley this week i have also carried on creating hand produced samples. This week i tried to vary my fabrics more to make my samples more interesting, although i think that next week i will try some more experimental techniques and media to make my samples more interesting and tactile. I have painted emulsion on a loosely woven fabric so it sort of fills in the gaps in between the weave to make it more textured and solid. Im really pleased with the result of this because it makes the fabric seem more layered. On the bottom sample i have used drawing ink to texture the sheer background to compliment the dense couching on the fabric. Next week I'm going to try and be more adventures with my fabrics and see what effects i can create using ink.




No comments:

Post a Comment