Tuesday 18 February 2014

Sampling Week 8

This week i have tried harder to make the fabrics I'm using more interesting by altering them before or after i have sewn into them. I have mainly used ink on my fabrics in different ways to try and create different effects. Although these samples are quite simple i think that these are the best hand samples that i have created during the unit. This is because i think they look more interesting than my others and reflect my initial drawings and my own drawing style the most. Using ink to dye and mark the fabrics i felt gave me a lot more freedom in what i could create with embroidery, and i feel like if i had been more adventurous and experimental earlier on that i would have enjoyed doing embroidery a lot more than i have. 




No comments:

Post a Comment