Saturday 15 March 2014

Bell Vue Gardens Archive.

Before starting this project I had never even heard about Bell Vue gardens as a zoo, place or fairground. I had no idea that any of its vast history had ever existed. When I was first introduced to it and I started researching about it I was fascinated at the fact I had never known about something so vast and such a massive part of so many peoples lives could just disappear as if it had never been there to begin with.




I thought the Bell Vue expert who came in to deliver the lecture about Bell Vue very interesting to listen to. The way he described the park to us and his enthusiasm about the park, made the lecture much more engaging and interesting. This sparked off my initial interest to look much deeper into the different aspects of Bell Vue.





I found the visit to Chethems library so interesting and helpful to my research. Not only did I love the library itself it was very beneficial to be able to see some of the photographs and posters and brochures first hand and up close. This way I got to see all of the detail within them instead of just viewing them on a big screen where its hard to see. I found the old posters and brochures for Bell Vue fascinating because they are so detailed and like pieces of artwork in themselves. They depict the park to be so magical and thrilling to the public but underneath all of the fancy posters and advertising, when we look into it Bell Vue was not such a magical and exciting place after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment