Saturday 15 March 2014

Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Archives.


This week’s visit to Blackpool pleasure beach has really inspired me and made me excited to keep gathering as much visual research related to the theme 'Fairground' that I can. Overall I had a really enjoyable day at the Pleasure beach and found the whole experience very interesting and valuable to me and my research for this project. All of the staff who showed us around and told us about the pleasure beach were very enthusiastic and passionate about the park. I found the way they spoke about the park very interesting and engaging. Overall I feel that I have benefited a lot from the hands on experience of actually visiting the pleasure beach because this has given me the opportunity to see what its like for myself and to be able to take my own photographs to help me with my visual research. I felt that this was a much more beneficial way to look at the pleasure beach than to just look at pictures in books or online.



Because I had the opportunity to explore the park for myself I was able to see with much more detail the structures of the rides and be able to get some perspective of the size and scale of the rides that are there.



What I found really interesting about the park was how old it was and how it was still going strong after all of these years. Especially with not many families choosing to go to British seaside holidays anymore and choosing to go abroad instead. The pleasure beach still manages to attract huge audiences into the park every season. I think that this is because Pleasure beach invests its money back into the park buying new and exciting bigger rides and keeping it modern and engaging for the changing tastes of its audience.





No comments:

Post a Comment