Tuesday 30 September 2014

Week 1- Initial Research


This week was the launch of the new project brief. We were given the option of 4 starting points for our research tasks. I chose the brief Urban Influences. I started my project by gathering as much research as I could. I started first looking online to find a wide variety of inspirational images. These would create the starting points for creating my drawings. After collecting images online I thought it would be a good idea to gather my own first hand research. I looked at my own surroundings and started by walking around Manchester taking my own pictures of things that I found interesting in the urban landscape. I have started creating a variety of drawings based on my initial research. I have tried using a variety of media in my work but I feel like I should try some more experimental techniques. Below are some examples of my initial research.





No comments:

Post a Comment