Sunday 11 May 2014

Lines of Enquiry- Motif Development

From looking at things like sideshows and the darker side of fairgrounds we each started producing our own designs and motifs ready to be transferred onto screen for printing with. Although I felt that we still did not have a solid direction that we all wanted to go in. Because of this I was slightly disappointed in my own designs because I did not have a clear idea of where the group as a whole wanted to take the theme. Also I think that this was because we were trying to do so much in such a short space of time. Here are some of the motifs i created for our screen.



On our main screen we combined al of our motifs and designs so that they would all fit and we could use them all for printing. On our smaller screen we decided that we were going to use a pattern or a mark that would act as a background for us to print on to. As we weren’t too sure what we wanted to do for this I suggested using Brusho paints. I have used this technique previously, which is why I thought that it would create some really interesting marks which is what we were looking for. Below are the 2 designs we chose and combined to use on our small screen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment