Sunday 11 May 2014

Lines of Enquiry- Print Room

Unfortunately I was unable to attend the session in which my group picked a colour pallete, which meant they had to make the decision without me. They chose soft pastel colours, which I initially liked and thought that they would bring a softer side to the theme in which we had chosen. Although having worked in the print room before using a pastel colour pallete I knew that it was going to be quite difficult to achieve the colours that we wanted because they were simply to pale. The first time we worked in the print room we worked with the hand painted reactive dyes which was a good experiment and showed us how difficult it was to create the pastel colours because when the fabric gets steamed the colours become even lighter.




This is our sample from the first print room session showing the outcome of our fabric. I was very disappointed with this as none of the colours came out because they were to pale. Unfortunately we will not be able to use this piece of fabric in our final garments, which we were hoping we would be able to due to the little time we have and the high demand for the print room. I think that our main problem we will have throughout the project will be a lack of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment