Tuesday 20 January 2015

Locating- Week 4

 I started creating some digital designs on Photoshop this week using my initial drawings that I had scanned into the computer. When designing my prints I didn’t want to mirror my images or create patterns. I envisioned my prints being more like a placement print with no repeating patterns. When I was designing I could see them being used as a feature print on a wall or soft furnishings such as cushions.
Although I felt like I had a good body of initial drawings I found it a bit difficult whilst designing to create a series of prints that didn’t all look very similar. I feel that because of the nature of my initial drawings, I had strong monochrome motifs that worked well when editing on Photoshop. I decided that I would keep my colour pallet very neutral only using black, white and different shades of grey. Alongside these neutral colours I would have very contrasting, bright, statement colours.




No comments:

Post a Comment