Friday 30 January 2015

Locating- Week 5 - Networking

Last week I had the amazing opportunity of going to the Maison Et Object interior trade fair in Paris. I was able to view some of the biggest and best interior design companies from all around the world, all exhibiting their work in one space. Not only was it amazing to see how diverse the world of textiles is and how many different companies there are, but it was so interesting to be able to look at all of their newest trends and innovative designs before the general public. The whole experience of spending a few days in Paris and seeing everything I did at the trade fair was very inspirational and motivation for me. It made me think more about applying my own work to something more than just Uni projects, it made me think about life and the textiles trade after university. It inspired me to push myself further and be a bit more confident about my work, as usually I'm my biggest critic and often put my own work down as a result of this. But after seeing so much diverse work at the trade fair I am starting to see that in the massive world of textiles that there is a place for my own work and me. Also after speaking and networking with other textile artist displaying their work i learned what it was like from their point of view and how much of a privilege it is to show their work in such a large event within the textile world. After being a visitor to the trade fair it inspired me to think about one day being able to exhibit my own work at a trade fair and how much of an accomplishment that would be. Here are some images that I found inspiring from the trade show, 










I also signed up for the website Patternbank.com so i can see all of the upcoming trend reports and learn more about the inside textile community.



No comments:

Post a Comment