Monday 16 February 2015

Locating- Week 8


After creating my sample and design board for the combined processes part of the Bradford textiles competition, I started altering my designs for a fashion outcome. I thought that my designs would be more suitable for an alternative sports brand, fitting the market for ski and snowboard wear. I started to gather design flats of the garments I wanted to create and edited my designs on Photoshop to visualize what my designs would look like on the fashion garments. I created a whole range of ski/snowboard wear and accessories and I was actually really pleased with how these looked. I will be sending a main board with a sample and one fashion visualization on and another board with my whole range on to show my collection. I think that this worked really well because after doing a lot of contextual research on ski and snowboard wear that is currently on the market, I feel that my designs relate well to the common themes of neutral tones and contrasting bright colours with daring patterns. I feel that my work also portrays these elements. Here are some images showing my fashion visualisation boards that i will be sending away to the Bradford competition.


No comments:

Post a Comment