Tuesday 3 February 2015

Locating- Week 6


This week I had my digital designs printed onto the fabric cotton canvas because I thought this was the most appropriate fabric to use for interior outcomes such as cushions. I was very pleased with the way they turned out as the colours came out really bright against the grey tones. I have also booked time in the print room for next week to develop my prints by hand. I want to add a couple of other processes to my prints such as flock and foil to give them subtle hints of texture. I think that when designing for items such as cushions that sometimes texture can be quite important, hopefully after my hand printing in the print room I will be pleased with the outcome. I have already had my motifs developed onto a screen that I will use on my fabric so I can plan ahead exactly what I will be printing whilst in the print room. Hopefully this will ensure that my printing is effective and efficient.
Here are some images of my digitally printed fabric


No comments:

Post a Comment