Thursday 7 November 2013

Ombre Dye.

This is my fabric sample of the technique ombre dyeing. I have never done ombre dying before but i wanted to try it after doing the dip dying process because it is very similar but creates a different and more interesting look. In the past i have dip dyed and ombre dyed my own hair which after doing some research into textile dying techniques seemed to be very similar so i was keen to have a go at ombre dying he fabric. I was trying to get the colour of the dye to match up with a colour from my colour palette, but as my colours in my palette are all very pale i found this quite difficult as i had to graduate the dye to get paler and paler but it wasn't very vibrant to start out with. Although i found this difficult with my choice of colour i found the overall dying process enjoyable and easy to pick up, i think that i will use this dying technique in the future and again in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment