Thursday 21 November 2013

Origins Evaluation.

Throughout this project I feel like my work has developed well from taking my initial drawings and turning them into motifs. I was happy with my original motifs when I exposed them to the screen but after I used them in my digital designs I decided to create some more initial drawings to turn into motifs to vary my digital design work. After looking on the Internet and in magazines at existing print I got a much better idea I where I wanted to take my design work. 

When selecting the ideas I wanted to develop. I initially chose my strongest designs and tried them out in different ways experimenting with my colour palette to see what worked well and after that I chose things that worked well alongside my existing ideas. 

I feel that throughout this project I have realised that in my design work I need to use my colour palette proportionately and I need to think about the placement of my motifs in my designs. 

Throughout this project I have learned many different techniques that I had never previously experienced and I think that most valuable one for me that I will use again throughout my work would be screen printing. Not only did I find this technique useful I also found it interesting and enjoyable.

Through my contextualizing practice lectures I have been introduced to many new influences and ideas which have helped me through this project by inspiring me to think harder and in different ways about designing and my own work and the work of my peers and other established designers. This has helped me to see my work in a different way, which has changed the way I develop my ideas.

I feel that my time management for this project has been quite successful because I feel that I have made good use of my studio time whilst also ensure I get enough of my work done in my independent study time. I feel that I work a lot better in my independent time because I am in a more relaxed atmosphere in my room where I have nobody to distract me from working. I feel that my independent time has been spent wisely and my studio and workshop time has been spent doing things that I would not be able to or struggle with at home.


I feel that I am using lateral thinking throughout my practice and that my contextual resources have helped me greatly throughout this project my making me think in different ways about my work and my approach to creating and designing. Overall I have enjoyed this project and although I got a bit sick of my colour palette I feel that this project has been a good experience to me and I have learned a lot from it which I can take with me through the rest of my projects and my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment