Tuesday 11 November 2014

Week 7- Print room


I have been in the print room this week trying out a couple of techniques on top of my digitally printed designs. I started by pigment printing using a very light blue colour over the top of pink and white fabric. I printed my motif and when the ink dried it created a very subtle see through effect on the fabric and I was really pleased with this. I also printed my motifs using black pigment ink to create bold patterns. My favourite technique I used in the print room was foiling. I have never used this method before but I thought that it may work quite well on the type of prints that I had designed. I was really pleased with the way the foils turned out. I think that it created a very subtle shine to my fabric which worked really well because I used a dark lead colour foil. I was initially worried that adding foil would make the fabric look cheap or tacky but I think as I used such a small amount it created the exact effect that I was aiming for. Here are some examples of my printed fabrics

























After my tutorial this week I was glad with the response I got from my print room samples. I also realised that I needed to start visualizing my prints on garments. I started creating some boards which showed my clothes in a contextual way. I also created a garment flat board visualizing my prints on design flats. Below are some examples of my garment visualization boards.



No comments:

Post a Comment